Sunday, July 12, 2015

Magnificent Istria

We considered many possibilities for our vacation :-) We wished for a nice place that also offers cycling possibilities... I wished (as always) to meet and greet the sea :)
Ah.. my deep love of the sea... a vacation without the sea, seems so unnatural... so "not vacation-like" material :-) I'm not trying to suggest that I don't enjoy occasional inland city-breaks, of course I do (as you can see it in my other blog-posts :) )  but "the vacation".. "la vacacion" ... the minimal 7 days vacation must include a sea of some kind :D
So... we've finally decided to give the Istrian region of Croatia a try! OK... for a person who enjoys cycling and loves the sea, I found this location "only" perfect ;;)




After just one or two weeks of planning ahead, we were off to our little adventure, in Porec, Istrian region of Croatia. Bikes packed in the car and all :) I must say that the resort we choose, had a lot to say in the overall impression and feeling of this vacation. It was actually at Porec town's south exit, very close to the beach. It was within a walking distance from Porec port and town center (15 minutes walk through a very nice park).

I can still feel the refreshing breeze in my hair... and smell the sea-breeze mixed with a pine-aroma from the park while cycling along the Istrian coast...






During the day, we would cycle along the coast, south or north from Porec, just the "right" amount for two people tired from their office jobs :-)
During the afternoons we would relax by the pool, or by the sea, with a book / mobile app game in our hands :-)
During the evening we would take long walks in Porec... or stay in the resort and enjoy a lovely evening with shows, dancing and live music... or simply enjoy a colorful spectacular sunset by the sea...



I have been to Croatia several times, but I must say, this region was a really pleasant surprise and I recommend the Porec region... If you wish, you can simply relax on the beach and forget about everything, let go of your thoughts and worries and just enjoy the sea. If however, you are a more active person, you will find plenty activities to choose from. Starting with the more "common" like visiting the old town Porec or bike-riding, or playing sports like tennis, mini-golf and so on, to the more complex or skill-requiring :) like water-sports...
I must say I was quite impressed as it was the first time I saw water-skying and surfing sports complex. I would have tried it myself had I stayed longer... well.. I'll put it on my to-do list :-)






On the last day there, we took also a quick tour of Rovinj and I can confirm (what I also heard from others) that the town's worth at least one afternoon's visit ;) chill and relax on the shore.. next to the blue blue sea...