Monday, March 16, 2015

A colorful day, in "animated" Aqualandia

Does Venice ring a bell? .. of course it does :)
Now... does Lido di Jesolo ring any bell? .. it probably does, to the most of you who have visited - or plan to visit - Venice & the surrounding areas.

What about Aqualandia Jesolo*?
[*I put Jesolo, because there is another Aqualandia in Spain, close to Benidorm]

Yes? No? To my surprise, most of my acquaintances (who - by the way - have visited Venice and Lido di Jesolo) never heard of it... and that's a pity, because they were missing out on a great deal of fun, that can be "packed along" with a visit of the beautiful and stunning Venice.

Lido di Jesolo, as you probably know, is a small but very populated sea-resort, in northern part, from Venice. From Lido di Jesolo, you can reach Venice in about 1 hour, also by common transportation (bus + ferry). So I can say that staying in Lido di Jesolo is the perfect recipe, when you want to combine some sunbathing and seaside, with a city visit of the impressive and unique Venice. At least that was my option, when I planned my visit a couple of summers ago.

When staying in Lido di Jesolo, don't miss the chance to enjoy a colorful day, in "animated" Aqualandia.

Aqualandia is - as the poster says ;;) - "the number one Water Themed Park in Europe". I've only visited a couple of water-parks around Europe, so my experience is not relevant, but I must confess I was impressed... it's one of a kind. The high "quantity" and "quality" of fun, rank it also on top of my water-parks' list :)

Besides the great variety of pools, water-slides and attractions, the Park has it't own schedule of activities so you will not get bored, independent of age or preferences: from aqua gymnastics, to bungee jumping... From watching acrobatic shows in the Park's arena, to being called on the stage for an interactive number, with the public. From taking your children to the Park's Circus or kids' water-slides, to an adrenaline rush on the Spacemaker (the highest slide, where you can reach scary crazy speeds that I can't even mention :-D... so... check out more details here). It's the high slide, in the picture below, together with other "red labeled" slides... You must know, slides are ranked in color, depending on the level: green is for "easy" and red is for "hard" or high adrenaline.



In between, you can enjoy some food or refreshments, relax, or swim in one of the many pools...
At the end of the day, you will want to come back for more ;;)




A lot of surprises are packed in that one entry ticket. I'm not sure if this is the adult or my inner child talking, but it was great from so many perspectives, this is an attraction that must not be missed!
I actually ended up running from one show or one activity to another, on the clock! Time flies and before you know it, it's close to Park Closing time... but the best part is yet to come (in the final Show, on Pirate's Galleon)!



All in all, I had so much fun that I had to plan an extra day in the Park, to be able to see and enjoy everything that I wanted to :)

So, if you plan your Venice city visit in the hot season, don't miss the chance to check-out Aqualandia...  and reverse... if you plan you Aqualandia-Jesolo visit, don't miss a Venice city visit!!! :-)



Enjoy!